Today’s organisations face pressure to continuously address mounting regulatory changes and growing market scrutiny while striving to increase customer confidence, drive competitive advantage and optimize stakeholder value.
In Nigeria, the effects of economic crisis have been far reaching, bringing corporate governance to the fore as businesses seek to establish a regional footprint and build their reputation at a global level. The general view is that organisations and companies in Nigeria are not mature in improving the opportunities inherent in ensuring compliance, financial tracking, managing strategic/enterprise risk and driving internal audit. Combined with the heavy burden of industry regulation, Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) practices for most companies are becoming part of everyday life. Therefore, these companies are looking at improving their corporate governance practices not just to achieve compliance but to help them improve their businesses and be positioned for competitive advantage.
Whether you need help and guidance at the board, C-level, or enterprise risk and compliance level, Execution Edge helps clients in improving corporate governance practices and structures in their chosen industry. We also have experience working with corporate boards to undertake meaningful self-assessments and improve their oversight processes.
How we can help
Execution Edge helps clients deal with the broad issues of corporate governance, enterprise risk management and effective corporate compliance. Our approach to governance transformation is holistic and goes beyond the board of directors and regulatory compliance, encompassing areas such as:
Execution Edge’s Governance approach helps companies, along with their boards, to institute effective risk oversight procedures as a regular component of risk management.
We also assist with the design and implementation of governance, compliance and other internal control programmes to promote sustainable operations within the boundaries of relevant legislation and regulations:
- Improve board effectiveness (board processes and structures including board and audit committee effectiveness assessments)
- Set the right tone and make effective decisions
- Assess and implement ethics programs, training, change management, anti-fraud programs and monitoring/reporting
- Subsidiary management (manage the complexities associated with international business – reviewing and understanding local and international laws)
Execution Edge helps companies mitigate risk while discovering new opportunities to create value. We support organisations in identifying, understanding and managing risk to enable an appropriate balance between risks and opportunities. Our end-to-end risk services span all domains, from managing strategic risks in the C-Suite to improving board oversight and from balancing financial and environmental policies to addressing cyber threats.
- Strategic risk management (creating and protecting value from strategic risks)
- Design, implement and maintain a common risk infrastructure by leveraging people, process and technology transformation opportunities
- Establish organisation-wide consistency while simultaneously addressing different and unique functional needs
- Identify, measure, manage, monitor, review and report on risks
We help our clients focus on areas of compliance. We also assist with the design and implementation of compliance and other internal control programmes to promote sustainable operations within the boundaries of relevant legislation and regulations.
- Compliance program design and control testing
- Compliance monitoring, assessment and effectiveness
- Regulatory consulting
- Specialised compliance services (DPR, FIRS, SEC, Anti-Money Laundering, food and product safety, Direct and Indirect Tax Compliance, etc.)