Our client, an indigenous integrated energy group, and one of Africa’s fastest-growing energy leaders is looking for high performing professional is looking to fill the position of Senior Reservoir Engineer (Contract).
The role of the Senior RE is to deliver quality studies, coach and mentor younger REs, participate as a member of Subsurface teams to support field development planning through a thorough understanding of relevant Reservoir engineering data & using same to build numerical reservoir simulation models of an Asset, recommend and champion pilots implementation leading to the enhancement of the Company’s oil and gas recovery and profits accordingly. The incumbent is expected to exhibit skills in a range of core areas in Reservoir engineering and be an independent contributor in multi-disciplinary teams charged with the identification of production improvement opportunities and production optimization studies. He /She will also have the primary responsibility to develop younger REs through on-the-job training and sharing of best practices
- As a Snr. Reservoir Engineer must have a broad understanding of other E&P disciplines and skills in all key reservoir engineering specialities. A university degree in Engineering or equivalent with 7 – 11 years relevant experience, including a minimum of 6 years RE work experience in an operating company. Skills in the following:
- RE Data Acquisition & Data Management
- Reservoir Simulation Model Construction
- Knowledgeable in modelling workflows including QC, and taking Earth Model to dynamic Model
- Analytical Reservoir Modelling (Material Balance analysis, DCA , PTA, BHP, etc )
- Reserves calculation and classification
- Well Modeling & Performance
- Production System Optimization
- Waterflood and Gas Injection Management
- Well/Reservoir Surveillance – data acquisition, analysis & Interpretation
- Well Planning & Execution within the context of a multi-disciplinary team
- HSE considerations in well management and completion operations
- Knowledge in well delivery Operation and well Evaluation
- Field development planning & co-ordination
- Production Operation
- Working knowledge of economic evaluation, risk assessment and long-range planning.
- Very good knowledge of English Language
- Work in an integrated study team /asset development team where he/she can leverage his/her experience to generate quality studies and field development plans. Make RE input into and coordinate field development planning and integrated field studies. The required technical work will comprise but is not limited to dynamic modelling, well/reservoir performance reviews, development options evaluation and economics. Dissemination of best practices and provision of guidance to less experienced team members.
- Directs and participates in well surveillance activities (MER, BHP etc), and reservoir definition and behaviour prediction of assigned reservoirs or fields.
- Conducts conventional reservoir engineering and simulation studies to identify optimum recovery and field development options, adjusts reservoir development plans in response to changes in well and reservoir performance. Must have experience in well test design & interpretation, material balance modelling and performance modelling of vertical and horizontal wells.
- Be familiar with various oil recovery enhancement techniques (water flood, gas injection, gas lift etc). Conducts, documents and presents, field reviews, and further development proposals.
- Monitors production from existing fields, analyses all relevant data, and ensures that reservoirs are being properly managed, production is maximised and recoveries are optimal. To establish reservoir management strategies where they do not exist, and update them where they do.
- Participates strongly in defining the scope and content of reservoir studies used to assist in determining well behaviour and optimum recovery methods. Includes, establishing program specifications, reviewing available resources, preparing tender documents, reviewing and evaluating bids and monitoring study team performance.
- Provides estimates of oil and gas resources by conducting annual reserves evaluation, classification, and booking for the assigned assets, and document the report in an appropriate format. i.e Annual Review of Petroleum Reserves (ARPR).
- Prepares detailed medium and long-term production forecasts for the asset budget planning cycle.
- Prepares production testing proposals and provides guidelines for execution. Evaluates and interprets results, recommends optimum methods of performance monitoring. Must have experience in reservoir pressure & fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis.
- Possesses working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir systems as well as gas field development experience.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package.
To apply please send a copy of your detailed resume to email@example.com on or before 13th August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Make sure to use the job title in the subject of your email